Assistant Financial Controller
Responsible for managing the accounting, financial and treasury functions as well as ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the donation and accounting systems, this new position will help build additional capacity for MGHF in support of its strategic vision.
As part of our exciting growth plans, The Montreal General Hospital Foundation (MGHF) is seeking a dynamic and experienced finance professional to fill the newly established role of Assistant Financial Controller. Responsible for managing the accounting, financial and treasury functions as well as ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the donation and accounting systems, this new position will help build additional capacity for MGHF in support of its strategic vision.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Financial Controller will be a key member of a dedicated group of professionals working collaboratively to position the Foundation for future growth and success as a leader in healthcare philanthropy. Initiative, judgment, flexibility and diligence, as well as attention to detail, adaptability and exceptional team spirit are critical for this role.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Assist the Financial Controller in managing accounting and financial functions;
• Coordinate the tasks of the Financial Coordinator who is responsible for the preparation and analysis of financial statements and other operational and financial reports, general accounting, accounts payable, payroll and statutory reports;
• Ensure compliance with accounting standards and other regulations in force;
• Collaborate on the follow-up and improvement of accounting processes and policies and internal controls of the Foundation aimed at ensuring the integrity of information;
• Coordinate the preparation of accounting and statutory audit files;
• Collaborate on the planning of cash flow, both in the short term and in the medium/long term;
• Record investment transactions;
• Collaborate on the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets;
• Respond to various requests for ad hoc analyses;
• Collaborate on the preparation of reports to present to the board of directors and to our business partners;
• Collaborate on monitoring and development of performance indicators;
• Seek opportunities for improvement and propose innovative solutions;
• Collaborate on various special projects such as the automation of certain processes, implementation of new methods, continuous improvement;
• Perform other related duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• CPA and Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
• Approximately 5 years of experience in similar functions;
• Good communication and teamwork skills;
• Analytical and strong synthesis, planning and organizational skills;
• Ability to work in French and English (oral and written);
• Strong knowledge of the MS Office suite (advanced Excel) and demonstrated skills in the use of technologies;
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset.
• Integrity and respect for ethics and values;
• Discretion, diplomacy, ease in maintaining harmonious interpersonal relationships;
• High degree of efficiency, autonomy and thoroughness;
• Judgment and flexibility;
• Diligent and responsible;
• Motivated and shows initiative;
• Strong ability to adapt to varied assigned tasks and able to prioritize numerous requests;
• Ability to manage unforeseen or complex situations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.) has been retained to conduct this search on behalf the Montreal General Hospital Foundation. For more information about this leadership opportunity, please contact Mona Ip, Senior Consultant, KCI Search + Talent by email at MGHFfin@kcitalent.com
Please send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by March 17, 2022.
To view full Position Brief, please visit: www.kcitalent.com