Business Intelligence and IT System Specialist
The Montreal General Hospital Foundation is currently looking for a dynamic and professional Business Intelligence and IT System Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance & Administration, the incumbent will be a key member of the Foundation’s team and will join a dedicated group of professionals working to position the Foundation for future growth and success as a leader in healthcare philanthropy.The Business Intelligence and IT System Specialist will be mainly responsible for developing and maintaining a quality data warehouse using Microsoft Azure and the various ETL processes used to combine our CRM, financial system and various external data sources. A major part of this job will be analyzing data while taking into account the organization’s internal and external environment. The incumbent will develop the tools used by the Foundation together with the members of our team and with our external consultant, with whom we work closely. He or she will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the Foundation’s development and growth in a fully cloud computing environment using the latest technology.
The Montreal General Hospital Foundation
Established in 1973, the Montreal General Hospital Foundation’s mission is to provide vital support for vital care. The Foundation is mandated to raise money, manage significant funds and invest responsibly in healthcare research, training and technology at the Montreal General Hospital (MGH), the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) and more broadly within the McGill academic health network. We work in close partnership with donors and dedicated collaborators to raise awareness and foster excellence in vital care to all patients, present and future.
More specifically, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Analyze and find new insights in the data to help the organization in its development.
- Maintain and develop the ETL processes between the source systems and our data warehouse.
- Profile the final data from our source systems to provide quality data to clients based on their needs.
- Integrate external source data and identify automation opportunities.
- Meet various ad hoc analysis requests.
- Ensure the quality of our databases by analyzing data quality and automating the non-compliant data monitoring process.
- Optimize the use of our current tools, including Raiser’s Edge, our donor management software, and Financial’s Edge, our financial management system.
- Handle various issues and cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide training and assistance adapted to information system users.
- Propose, document and apply solutions to issues that come up.
- Manage users and access rights to computer tools.
- Work on special projects that may or may not be related to information systems to support the Foundation’s ambitious growth objectives.
Key work relationships:
Internal: Development/Fundraising team, Marketing and Communications team, Financial team
External: Consultants and external suppliers, MUHC computer/phone support team
- Bachelor’s degree in business data processing or IT management, or any other related field
- Knowledge of database warehouse architectures and ETL processes
- Basic knowledge of SQL programming
- Experience working or using modeling tools in an academic environment
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft tools
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the non-profit sector would be an asset (knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Financial’s Edge by Blackbaud)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and responsible
- Written and spoken communication skills in French and English
- Autonomous and self-taught person
- Dynamic person who enjoys team work as much as individual work
- Strong ability to adapt to varied assigned tasks and able to prioritize numerous requests
- Advanced analytical skills and strong financial knowledge
- Excellent decision-making skills, tact, good listener, desire to find solutions to problems
Please send your CV before July 20 : email@example.com