Communications and Marketing Advisor
The Montreal General Hospital Foundation is currently looking for a Communications and Marketing Advisor to join the team. Reporting to the Vice-President, Marketing and Communications, the incumbent will be a key member of the Foundation’s team and will join a dedicated group of professionals working to position the Foundation for future growth and success as a leader in healthcare philanthropy.
The incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to advise the team in all communications and marketing activities with a focus on the digital component. From content development to distribution, the incumbent will act as a specialist and be responsible for all online platforms in order to ensure a flawless experience for visitors. In addition, the incumbent will contribute to the development and management of cross-platform advertising campaigns. Finally, the incumbent will contribute to relationship marketing initiatives with our community via email.
He or she will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the Foundation’s development and growth in a sound, dynamic environment.
- Advises the team on best practices in the development of its digital platforms (website, social media, emails, etc.)
- Manages agreements and mandates with partner marketing communication and web development agencies
- Develops and manages multiplatform marketing campaigns
- Contributes to the development of segmentation and personalization strategies to maximize engagement and optimize campaign performance
- Measures the effectiveness and impact of the various strategies and initiatives under his/her responsibility and make recommendations
- Initiates and refines strategies to increase traffic on the various platforms
- Writes and produces material for social media and the web (news briefs, articles for newsletters, promotional documents for events, videos, etc.)
- Contributes to the updating of the Foundation’s website content
- Contributes to the animation of the Foundation’s social media
- Contributes to the editing and distribution of email communications
- Complies with the budgets earmarked for implementation of his/her projects.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study, specifically communications, digital media or similar.
- Have at least five years of relevant experience related to the role.
- Have demonstrated web expertise: ergonomics, user experience, usability, accessibility and content architecture.
- Have excellent knowledge of social media and social media campaigns.
- Be proficient in CMS (WordPress) and other online content management systems and email platforms (MailChimp).
- Have an in-depth knowledge of analytical and indexing tools (Google Analytics, SEO, SEM, etc.).
- Be familiar with online campaign management tools (Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager etc.).
- Have experience with database management (CRM).
- Demonstrate excellent digital project management skills and knowledge and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously within the established timelines.
- Have highly developed analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information and be highly disciplined.
- Bilingualism is required, with excellent French and English.
- Have good writing skills, especially for web and social media publications.
- Have knowledge of graphic design and video editing (considered an asset).
Other desirable skills
- Have the ability to communicate and explain medical concepts to non-scientists.
- Have highly developed organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Be autonomous and discerning.
- Have a flexible and versatile
- Have a sense of loyalty and integrity.
- Demonstrate good customer service and team spirit.
- Be creative and dynamic.
- Have experience in philanthropy (considered an asset).
Please send your CV by December 17, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position. The Foundation offers a hybrid telecommuting and face-to-face work environment.
Please note that we will only contact shortlisted applicants.