Senior Manager, Major Gifts
The Montreal General Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a dynamic, professional and experienced fundraiser to join our team in the role of Senior Manager, Major Gifts.
Reporting into the Vice-President, Development, the Senior Manager, Major Gifts will be a key member of the Foundation’s team and will join a dedicated group of energetic professionals working to position the Foundation for future growth and success as a leader in healthcare philanthropy. The incumbent will lead a team of two Major Gift Officers in contributing to significant growth in our major gifts portfolio by fostering and building strong relationships with individuals, corporations, and foundations as well as with key volunteers.
At ease in a fast-paced environment, the Senior Manager, Major Gifts will have demonstrated major gift fundraising leadership experience with a track record of success and will be an effective fundraiser and coach who fosters a team spirit and values collaboration. The successful candidate will be comfortable using a donor database and will embrace our data-driven approach to tracking and reporting. The Senior Manager will help to translate funding opportunities into plans and Cases for support and will keep team members, volunteers and other fundraising partners informed and involved to maintain momentum on various major gift development projects, including initiatives tied to our key fundraising priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated fundraising experience with a proven track record of success in the area of major gift development from high capacity individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Superior interpersonal skills to develop and maintain a broad range of relationships as well as engage and inspire stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Experience in engaging and supporting senior volunteers for fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop high-performing major gift fundraisers including recruiting, coaching, leading and inspiring staff.
- Excellent verbal skills in French and English are required, as are proficient writing abilities in either French or English.
- A university degree is required or a related mix of education and fundraising experience.
- Experience in healthcare and medical fields a strong asset.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.) has been retained to conduct this search on behalf the Montreal General Hospital Foundation. For more information about this leadership opportunity, please contact Sylvie Battisti, Vice-President, KCI Search + Talent by email at MGHFMG@kcitalent.com.
To view full Position Brief, please visit: www.kcitalent.com
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Please send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by March 21, 2022.