Manager, Gift & Estate Planning
The Montreal General Hospital Foundation (MGHF) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Manager, Gift and Estate Planning to join our team of dedicated energetic professionals working to position the Foundation for future growth and success as a leader in healthcare philanthropy.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Development, the Manager, Gift and Estate Planning will provide overall leadership and management for the Foundation’s gift planning strategies and activities designed to engage, cultivate, solicit and acknowledge donors of estate and planned gifts.
In this newly established role, the Manager will ensure estate administration and follow-up, increased marketing, promotion, and facilitation of complex gift and estate planning, expansion and greater activation of the MGH Foundation’s advisory professional network and greater internal integration with the Development and Communications team (annual and major gift programs) to put forward dual asks and to accelerate blended gifts where possible.
The ideal candidate will be an active listener and an experienced relationship manager with strong emotional intelligence and a donor-centered mindset, skilled at effectively interacting with existing and potential donors, their families and advisors. The new incumbent will also be aware of the importance of establishing relationships with Hospital staff, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated experience in the cultivation of donors for major and/or planned giving, together with moves management and experience working with professionals and volunteers. A minimum of 3 years of directly-related fundraising experience or in related finance, insurance or estate planning/administration roles.
- Existing knowledge or ability to learn about a full range of charitable giving vehicles.
- Evidence of superior relationship-building and interpersonal skills to engage stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Fluent verbal communication skills in French and English. Proficient writing abilities in English are required as well as basic writing skills in French.
- Solid working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office as well as database programs for donor tracking and metric reports. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge will be considered an asset.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A high degree of personal integrity and tact.
- A strong work ethic, combining energy, enthusiasm, initiative and solid organizational abilities.
- Member of, or prepared to become a member of, the Canadian Association of Gift Planners and the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- University degree or related education preferred.
For More Information
KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.) has been retained to conduct this search on behalf the Montreal General Hospital Foundation. For more information about this leadership opportunity, please contact Sylvie Battisti, KCI Vice President, Search + Talent by email at MGHFPlanning@kcitalent.com.
To view full Position Brief, please visit: KCI Talent
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Please send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by March 21, 2022.