Nursing in 2019: challenges and opportunities
The importance of nurses in our health care system is undeniable.
At the Montreal General Hospital, they contribute greatly to the excellent care that we provide to our community and they play a key role in various medical teams. In order to demystify certain aspects of the profession, we met with Chantal Souligny, Director of Nursing at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) and Ariane Bélanger, Head of the MUHC’s Comité de la relève and pediatric nurse at the Montreal Children’s Hospital.
Meet other inspiring nurses
During National Nursing Week, the Montreal General Hospital Foundation is pleased to highlight the remarkable work of the following individuals by giving out awards of excellence. Congratulations to the laureates!
- Evelyn Malowany Award for Clinical practice: Sylvie Le Bourdeais, RN Parenteral Nutrition
- Lorine Besel Award for Leadership in nursing: Philippe Perras, Nurse Manager Psychiatry Adult Ambulatory Services
- Laraine Imperial Award for partners in practice: Wendy Nisbet, PAB Emergency Department; Claudette Strachan, PAB Internal Medicine and Debbie Sampath, Unit Coordinator Intensive Care Unit
- Anne-Marie Lejeune Award for those who support and collaborate with nurses to give quality of care: Louise Papillon-Ferland, Pharmacist
- Valerie Shannon Award, for Outstanding leadership at the MUHC: France Paquet, Nursing Practice Consultant Nursing Directorate