Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships
The Montreal General Hospital Foundation (MGHF) is currently looking for a Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships to join its vibrant team. Reporting to the President & CEO and as a member of the senior management team, the new incumbent will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of healthcare excellence.
The Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships will be responsible for supporting the Foundation leadership in developing business cases as well as leading and effectively structuring critical agreements in order to advance strategic projects and transformational initiatives in line with the priorities and goals of the Foundation.
The Senior Director’s responsibilities will extend to ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and providing strategic advice on a broad range of initiatives in order to ensure optimal decision-making, oversight, project management and business operations. In parallel, the Senior Director will oversee Board administration and develop strategies to capitalize on existing opportunities, ensuring the full leverage of the Foundation’s Board and its Committees.
The Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships will have the ability to inspire change and foster collaboration toward a shared vision and will have a profound impact on healthcare and innovation in our community and beyond.
La FHGM offre un modèle de travail hybride. Il faut prévoir au moins deux jours par semaine de travail en personne aux bureaux de la Fondation à l’Hôpital général de Montréal, situés avenue Cedar, au centre-ville de Montréal.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives
- Support the MGHF in its overall strategic planning initiatives;
- Provide oversight, structure and project management in leading the development of new partnership opportunities, based on emerging market trends and competitors;
- Help integrate operational plans and timelines for projects and workflows across the organisation;
- Help establish and track progress towards organization wide goals, including data driven development reports for the organization (dashboard);
- Establish effective communications with key potential partners and community stakeholders, including corporations, governmental entities, academics or community organizations;
- Assess potential risks and challenges to the Foundation’s strategic objectives and develop contingency plans to mitigate risks, or identify opportunities for improvement and solutions.
- Board Administration & Governance
- In partnership with the CEO, develop strategies to ensure maximum leverage of our Board and it’s committees, in line with priorities and goals of the organization.
- Organise and support Board and committee meetings, acting as Secretary of the Board;
- Advise the President & CEO and the management team on governance matters.
- Legal Affairs
- Ensure all legal and regulatory requirements;
- Review legal agreements (e.g. Gift, partnership and supplier agreements);
- Identify, select, and work with legal consultants to supplement expertise when necessary;
- Responsible for compliance with Foundation By-Laws.
- Other related tasks
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, legal or related field;
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent understanding of business operations and experience in project management;
- Experience or achievements in promoting new ideas and concepts and implementing new strategic initiatives;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Discretion, diplomacy, ease in maintaining harmonious interpersonal relationships;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Outstanding research, analytical and synthetical abilities;
- Exercises mobilizing and positive leadership;
- Ability to influence, persuade and mobilize individuals and teams
- Proficiency in French and English, spoken and written
- Integrity and respect for ethics and values
- Ability to represent the Foundation as a strong and credible ambassador;
- High degree of efficiency, autonomy and thoroughness;
- Judgment and flexibility, ability to work under pressure;
- Strong ability to adapt to varied assigned tasks and able to prioritize requests;
- Ability to manage unforeseen or complex situations;
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset as well as knowledge of the issues in Quebec health care and of the main public policies governing the sector.
- Solid knowledge of Office 365 Suite and SharePoint – an asset.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
KCI Search + Talent has been retained to conduct this search on behalf of the Montreal General Hospital Foundation. For more information about this leadership opportunity, please contact Sylvie Battisti, KCI Vice President, Search + Talent by email at MGHF@kcitalent.com.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
To view the full Executive Brief, please visit: www.kcitalent.com
Please note the deadline for submission is November 24, 2023. Candidates should send a résumé and letter of interest to MGHF@kcitalent.com.